Knowing that it’s likely to be on customers’ minds, l wanted to share the extra precautions I’m taking to protect you!
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, the well-being of my customers and, indeed, myself, my family and the wider community is my absolute priority, and I would like to assure you that health and safety has my complete attention.
Coronavirus is not considered a food safety issue by the Food Standards Agency or the EFSA (European Food Standards Authority). As a self-service loose food business, my main focus is on limiting the risk of spreading the virus through human contact.
I already maintain very high standards of hygiene and hold a 5-star food hygiene rating – but I am going above and beyond, as an extra precaution.
- All of our scoops, tongs & spoons are washed in between each customer use. Please place your used scoops etc in the basket near the scale station.
- Gravity bin handles and jars are regularly wiped down with a sanitising spray.
- Door handles and table surfaces are regularly wiped down with a sanitising spray.
- My hands are washed/sanitised between serving each customer and in between different tasks - dispensing food, handling money, cleaning etc.
- We request that all customers sanitise their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided as they enter and leave the shop. Customers are also welcome to wash their hands with soap and water if they prefer.
- Card payments are preferable to cash in order to minimise contact.
- If you would like to minimise your time spent in the shop, we are opening up the opportunity to pre-order your refillable foods and just pop in to collect.
- If you feel at all unwell, even mildly - cough, sore throat, temp etc or if you have travelled to any of the areas listed on government website please do not enter the shop and instead follow NHS guidance on self-isolation. More info can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and loyalty.
I look forward to seeing you soon x